25.10.10

You Are the Only Exception




So I went to Young Adults tonight. Surprise! Bigger shock: I enjoyed myself thoroughly. Like, for realz.

There were a few key phrases, scriptures and truths that really stuck out to me. I also gave myself a kick in the pants sometimes, in writing, in the third person. So here they are:

Proverbs 18:21. The tongue has the power to give life or to give death.
Proverbs 4:20. Guard your heart above all else.
Leanne, be a leader already! Stop following. I always think positive thoughts I don't say, yet somehow the bad ones always slip out. I like being positive, so why not just do it?
I need to pray that I will become the woman of God He wants me to be and stop only asking that my will be done.
Don't talk about your mountain anymore, talk TO it. Have faith. What is blocking me from my God-given potential? Speak to it.
Examples of speaking truth to the mountains that really struck a chord in me:
  • My schedule is not insane or busy, it is full and I am equipped by God to take it on.
  • I am not used goods, I am the righteousness of God.
  • I will make it out of this, alive in Him.
"When you come to the end of yourself, the only thing left is asking God to move."

That last quote really resounded within me because I said almost those exact words several months ago: "I have abruptly come to the end of myself." I felt like I had nowhere to go.

I don't normally just blog-vomit regurgitated sermon notes, but these ones really hit home.

Confession: I'm scared to commit to a church. I have only been let down. But here...I feel fed. I'm trying to get over the light show and performance to see the heart behind it all. And what I am seeing is good. I'm trying not to walk in fear. Thank You, Jesus!

No comments: