5.12.10

That's just Who I Am This Week




I went cliff jumping a few years back. I was supposed to go somewhere in the middle of the group, but suddenly all the people going after me ran and jumped off, leaving me alone. I stood up there for so long, staring sixty feet down into the blue-grey water and wondering how much it would hurt if I tripped and fell wrong and died. I stood there for what felt like hours, but was probably more like fifteen minutes. At some point, though, I realized the fear was gone. I knew the promises God had over my life and decided He wouldn't let me die yet (it was only in the air that I realized I could still end up paralyzed). So I ran and jumped. I thought I would scream, but it came out more as a yell of triumph. It was the most exhilarating few seconds of my life.

I didn't know this until later, but apparently I just missed the rocks at the bottom. I nearly killed myself for the rush but there was absolutely no regret. By the time I jumped there was no fear, only trust.

I am ready to jump, fall, whatever. I've stood on the ledge so long. Whatever the consequences, the fear is gone. Let me jump.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have a way with words. God bless! :)