17.12.10

I Want to Take the Preconceived Out from Underneath Your Feet




There is so much to do so I have to go fast. Two exams tomorrow, two papers, a whole binder of work...and banquet. Hello, that time of year again. I have recently discovered something important about myself: it is okay to be no further along than I was this time last year. It is also okay to rejoice when I have actually grown.

Another recent epiphany: I am so happy to be single. Yes, a common theme lately, but nevertheless groundbreaking. I have spent my entire life trying desperately to not go at this alone and it has only ever turned out badly (hello! I'm single). Yet here I stand, relieved. Someone else's happiness is not resting on my shoulders. I am not turning into a bitchier version of myself because this guy who is supposed to remember things forgot something. I am free from that stuff. Actually, I think I would be free of it anyways because I am beyond over those kind of shenanigans, but still. No fear, baby.

Life still blows. I have too much going on. I have taken on too much, of course. I am wildly unsure of the future, as always. And yet. It is 12:41 in the AM and I am smiling. Go figure.

No comments: