1.1.11

All in All




Now, with 2.633 hours of perspective, I feel that I am better able to do 2010 justice. Yes, there was a lot of school. A lot. But there was also so much more.

Much of it is in the dark (which led to such a mundane list yesterday), but the things that shine through are worth noting.

I ate a lot of instant noodles, be it in the form of soup, KD, or chow mien.
I lived in another basement, with very different people from last time. It held some of the best times, but I wouldn't go back.
I went on two roadtrips. One ended prematurely in Jasper, leaving us stranded and cold and hungry and alive. The other brought me through five states and five thousand kilometers in three days, and left me crying and praying and breathing again.
I checked, there were two car accidents this year. January and November. After January and the two roadtrips this year and one last year, November finally did in Cameron. Poor Cameron.
I had my heart broken enough to need several transplant surgeries, and then I broke my own.
I had front row seats to the demise of my personal civilization; everything I worked for, gone.
I have had the most wonderful year of seeing the most wonderful man. Please don't read too much into that.
I watched six seasons of Gilmore Girls (fourth time through) in less than two months, and watched countless other series from my bed, the smoker's couch, my creaky chair and my good chair. Oh the days.
I went to Toronto and made it back alive, despite many desperate phone calls, skype dates and tearful outbursts, which, at the time, suggested I would not be so lucky.
I fell in love with God again. Even without feeling Him. Then I lost it again. I am going to get it back again.
Heh. Right. I also survived. It is 2011 and I am still here.

No comments: