17.7.10

I will Go, Lord, Send Me




Last night it finally happened. After exactly two weeks in Toronto and swallowing how hard some things have been hitting me, I couldn't hold the tears back anymore. And, as predicted, once they started it was a torrent. I know that I will survive the next seven weeks; I know that how ministry goes here will not be allowed to make or break my future; but, somehow, I cannot seem to tell my heart that.
I came here, called. I was sent, I went. Sometimes I feel as though my gifts are just sitting in front of me rotting, waiting for someone to pick them up and use them. Instead I do a lot of stuff that is still awesome and is obviously not a waste, but is not helping me stretch. I want to grow.
Maybe part of my problem is that I still have not dealt with the back home stuff yet. It is hard to conceive that when I return I will have no home church, no ministry, and no job. I also do not have a clear-cut living situation or any idea how to deal with fixing the broken things scattered through my life.
I do not know what to do.

2 comments:

moom said...

sounds as though your wings have been clipped, your nest is being ransacked, and it's the most helpless, useless, feeling in the world.
i know that someday you will spread your wings and fly, and your "home" will always be in Him, and He will always meet you there. xo

Steph said...

What your mom said.