25.7.10

Don't Stop, Never Give Up




This last while has been hard in the extreme. But I've been learning a lot about myself and God and relating to people.

Today I had the honour of preaching at a small Filipino church which is mostly made up of youth. And, as usual, less than an hour before the service God had put something pressing on my heart and the whole thing was being re-written. The half-hour car ride from our first church was spent madly flipping through the Bible and making hurried notes. I don't know how it was received as no one really said anything afterwards, but I wasn't trying to get a good reception; the whole point was to bring them out of their comfort zones. Besides, how comfy can one be with hell and judgement and numerous "repent!"s being thrown around?

This week will be a turning point. I can feel it in the air. And I don't mean the worse than ever humidity. These changes have to be for the best; I don't know if things could really get any worse now. Please pray.

3 comments:

moom said...

praying... xo

Missis Kelly said...

I read the rest of your posts. It is quite interesting that we are experiencing the same things or feelings.

These attacks will end soon, or at least it will get easier. It has to.

Until then - you are awesome. Don't forget that :)

Steph said...

As you asked...or more like God asked through your facebook message, I am committing my August to God...I'm not really waiting for August to start cause really that's not necessary. Anyways, what I wanted to say is during that time I will be in fervent prayer for you and the others you're doing ministry with.

I love when God puts something in my heart. My most clear memories of that are from when I was a pretty new Christian working at Bible camp. I literally only knew the gospel and definitely didn't know where anything was in the Bible or what to talk about ever but God ALWAYS gave me something to teach my campers and ALWAYS hellp me find verses that I didn't even know existed! Jehovah Jirah = God our provider. Maybe that's meant as more physical provision but I think it means the provider of everything including our messages and faith and perseverance...well...everything.

I love you Leanne!