8.1.10

It's That Time of Night Again





Once again it's after 3 AM and the call to blog is stronger than the call of my bed. I spent the night with a good friend, accomplished an item on my wishlist, and conquered one of my New Year's Resolutions. Score.

I got home at about 3, and spent over 20 minutes plucking my eyebrows (the tiredness might have contributed to how long it took). Then I contemplated finishing a movie I started earlier, but decided against it (which I am now extremely thankful for).

But the real reason I'm here at this awful hour. At one point today, sitting, accomplishing something, I was suddenly myself in a way I never have been before. It was bizarre and confusing and strangely peaceful. I am a BADA**! Which I realize is negated by my use of *s. But the point remains the same! I discovered myself in the fulfilling of a dream that's not on most people's top tens. And the red nailpolish was the kicker.

I'm simple to impress, I guess, even when it's me vying for my own approval.

1 comment:

Emily said...

oh leanne. you have always been a badass. i was sold upon hearing your teenage Halloween stories. Pah-lease. we all have something to learn from you