3.1.10

Back When I Was Your Age...





I'm about to go watch The Little Mermaid and I'm so stoked! I got it on DVD for Christmas last year, and I have only watched it once since. Lately, however, Ariel has been calling me back and I'm so excited!

I loved being little. I had every line to all my favourite Disney movies memorized, picking which one to watch first was my greatest dilemma, and the only scary things I knew of were Jafar and Ursula. And so, for the next hour and a half (remember when all movies were only that long?!) I get to go back to being that kid again. Did I mention how stoked I am?

And yet. I have grown a lot since then, and new things stick out that never did before. Especially the things I once thought so possible, and now literally seem to only be possible in that fairytale. Naivety was so much easier.

"What would I give to live where you are?
What would I pay to stay here beside you?
What would I do to see you smiling at me?"

Ariel asks a very interesting question. I wonder if I would give up what she did.

1 comment:

Meg said...

this is so cute! i loved disney movies, my favorite was aladdin (i thought jasmine was gorgeous) but my fave songs to sing along to were definitely from the little mermaid :)