9.5.09

Morning




I feel as though my blogs have been of a one-track mind lately (in case anyone failed to notice), so here is my attempt, half-hearted or not, at concentrating on something new.

There's something about mornings like these that make me more contemplative than usual. It's a beautiful feeling on the wind: light breeze sweeping up floral scents and wrapping each of my softly blowing hairs in a heavenly glow. Mornings like these make it hard for my heart not to soften a little.

I've been plowing through my Bible lately, not to get through it, but to have the peace that comes with soaking up God's Word. The more I read, the more clear it becomes to me that God makes beauty out of the broken and is a big believer in waiting. So I sit here in awe-struck anticipation.

It's also hard to fear Him on a morning like today; staring into the awesome splendor of His creation yet trying to fear Him all the while is not an easy job. But I'm learning. Maybe the problem all along wasn't that I thought the things I was doing were okay, but rather I didn't have a healthy fear of God. The last few weeks has been very rapidly developing one.

Mornings like these make me welcome the silence, embrace my own humanity, and marvel in who God is. But within that, I've never before felt this: a longing to be sitting in this brilliant silence with someone else. And in a flash, a tiny country thousands of miles away feels closer than the empty space beside me.

No comments: