21.5.09

Adventures in Flyering




Today was another epic day of flyering. Raising money is always a wonderful things, especially when done in West Vancouver. The streets are clean, the people are friendly, and they drink enough liquor to keep us in business. All flyering days are exciting and keep us on our toes, and today was no exception.

The first house went by without incident, but numero dos didn't like me very much. From past experience, I know that if a house has a lot of overhanging trees or only a small passage to walk through, I should be expecting bugs and spiderwebs, etc. This house had all the markings of a bug-free zone, however, so I didn't expect a MASSIVE SPIDER to land on my FOREHEAD. Oh yeah. I was traumatized. From then on, I was completely on my guard.

Somewhere along the way I was also "fortunate" enough to walk into a yard with a dog in it, stare creepily into someone's really awesome living room until I realized there was someone looking back, and walk into a lot of unmoving objects. And, as my grand finale, I completely bailed on the path leading back to the street from the last house of almost 100.

These riveting stories and many others, much the same, have become a common occurrence in my life as of late. I enjoy it, I love it, but am I fulfilled by it? Is this really what I want to spend the rest of my life doing?

No comments: