15.9.10

You Make the Darkness Disappear




I think I have been dwelling in darkness for a long, long time; in so many ways, on so many levels.

I have not been acting as one who lives in the Light. I have been so much better lately, but up until the last two months I was a mess of a hypocrite.

I was walking blind, consumed in a darkness that fogged my spiritual vision until I became nothing more than some sort of mythical, nighttime creature.

My desert (the constant picture of where my spiritual walk was at), though portrayed in bright sunshine, was its own kind of darkness; nothing but horizon and blue sky endlessly is darkness, too. No contact with other humanity is darkness.

I used to describe myself with words like "lost" and "without purpose." Time and time again, my chant rang out: "I don't know what to be without you around!" I felt honest-to-goodness alone.

But I feel found when You stand near. I know what I am when You are here. I know where I am, and my place in Your world becomes so clear. Who drives my soul? Only You.

2 comments:

moom said...

i've missed you...

Greg said...

http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Secrets-and-Regrets-lyrics-Pillar/47A583B197806A464825762C000B13DC


fave song right now, this made me think of it