23.8.10

Why'd You have to Go and Make Things So Complicated?





One of my favourite times of year is the last two weeks of August. The sun's still hot but I can feel fall creeping in. The call of school is imminent, but the ache of summer just stretches on and on. And I get to work at the PNE. I make crepes anywhere from nine to twelve hours a day for as many days as my body can take and save up some last minute money for car / school / stuff I can't avoid. It takes a toll on me physically, but emotionally it's calming; I get in my zone and things fall into place.

My universe just shifted again. I am trying desperately to find a center of gravity, something sane to hold on to, but I am coming up empty-handed.I know that God is showing me something through this whole process, but I don't think I've fully taken in what it is yet.

When the PNE ends and normal life has to begin again, I don't know what I will have left.

I feel homesick. For what? Couldn't tell you.

No comments: