12.8.10

Wham, Bam, Thank You Toronto!




Tomorrow is the last day of VBS day camps, and then I'm done. Finished. I fly out on Tuesday, exactly two weeks earlier than first anticipated, but I think I've taken all that I can from my personal glean tree at the moment.
I had the privilege of meeting some incredible people, and also getting close with some who I never would have thought to before. It might sound strange, but the thing I'll miss the most from here are the people I get to take back home with me.
My greatest desire right now, as I look at my last few days here, is to finish well. Yesterday morning while I was getting ready to leave to pick up the guys, part of a quote popped into my head from Lord of the Rings (shut up, okay?!), and so I looked the whole thing up and it was perfect:
Look at my men! Their courage hangs by a thread. If this is to be our end, then I would have them make such an end as to be worthy of remembrance!
We didn't know it a week ago, but for all but one this is our end. And I want to make it a darn good one. I am exhausted and sick and ready to go home. But if this is to be my end here, I want it to be so good that it is worthy to be remembered in a good way...even if just by us.

1 comment:

Steph said...

I hope you did exactly that!