14.8.09

Starts with Goodbye





I hate all these stupid, sad blogs lately. I hate that they're what is pouring out of my heart, and that I have no control over any of it. Most of all, I hate that my time for grief is over and it's time to move on; sitting in my own misery is 100x easier than getting off my butt and changing things.

I have only a few weeks of freedom left, and I am using them, baby! I cannot stand to be this depressed, angry person anymore. I hide it well right now, (I think), but how long can that last? This is me breaking free and deciding that ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

These are the last words on the subject. Ever. I promise not you, my faithful readers, but myself. This is for me so that the last bits of healing can take place without the wounds being reopened by my own stupidity. So here they are:

There was no monumental, emotional goodbye. There was a chance meeting, a brief, puddle-deep chat, and a broken promise that doesn't matter anymore. And then nothing. So this is my goodbye. I don't know what the future holds or where our paths might cross again, but this is the end of the road for me, unless you change your mind. I refuse to cry over you ever again. You might not have wanted to say it, hear it or see it, but I need that closure, with or without you.

Goodbye.

"Sometimes moving on with the rest of your life starts with goodbye."

2 comments:

Melanie said...

good for you! be happy! even though it's hard sometimes. trust me, i know.

Jess said...

you encourage me :)