5.1.09

Phoenix Day 9





Right now I'm sitting in the Phoenix airport, waiting to take off. Less than an hour to go.

I can't wait to be home! I've missed the snow and the cold and the rain, and the fam and my cats and Youth Church, and school and all the people that come with. People down here don't believe me, and I'm sure a lot at home won't agree either, but blue sky from horizon to horizon for days on end is depressing! Something is missing when I wake up in the morning and already know exactly what will greet me out the front door.

It rains in Phoenix approximately two days out of the year; it rained yesterday. All the locals are walking around with giant coats on, gloves, earmuffs!, and everything else we would normally use for a below zero day. It was still fifteen degrees outside. I didn't realize until then exactly how much I missed the rain.

Last night I went to a service at the Phoenix Dream Center, It was amazing! Not the speaking or the singing or the sheer size of the building, but the people. There was an entire section of people brought in from a nearby penitentiary, all dressed in the same bright red shirts, and they were jumping and singing bigger and louder than anyone else in the building. Ages ranged from young teenagers to people in their seventies. I couldn't believe all the different people that were brought together through all the different ministries the Dream Center provided. Incredible.

On my trip I bought: a dress, a skirt, two shirts, sunglasses, shoes, plus some random stuff. And guess how much it cost me? ...$20!! Only $20 on my whole trip. Amazing. I love America (but not really, just their prices/stores; yay Forever21!).

So probably going to be boarding in the next fifteen minutes, and I've never been so excited to go home. Yes, this was a growing process. I learned a heck of a lot! I just reached the point where one more second and I would have exploded.

Off I head, back to the country where I'm of age for anything I could possibly want to do (whether I actually would or not), weather is normal and I can actually relax. Ohhh baby, I'm comin' home!

1 comment:

Greg said...

people think I'm crazy when I say I love the rain, but blue skies aren't so amazing sometimes