30.1.09

Fresh Breeze




I'm starting to wonder if I'm not fun anymore. My last few blogs have been so depressing, and I like happy-me so much more than contemplative-me. As much as she has her uses, she can be so dull sometimes.

So like a week ago, adventure fever hit campus. Everyone suddenly felt the need to do crazy things. It was awesome. So what did we do? Five of us piled into Daniel's car and we went to Dairy Queen. Everything was going fairly normal until Steph, leaning against the garbage can, holds up a little packet and says: "Dare me to eat this relish." So of course we do, and she does! Just rips it open, nothing to it, and squeezes it straight into her mouth. So, naturally, we then dared her to eat the vinegar, ketchup, sweet n' low, and sugar packets. I think she drew the line at pepper. It was ridiculous.

Then, sitting eating our ice cream, Melissa unveiled her most wonderful secret. As Melissa doesn't blog, I don't feel as though I'm taking away from her story-telling opportunities by sharing this now. It is also one of my favourite stories of all time, so I reserve the right to tell it whenever I want. Here we go.

It was Melissa's tenth birthday, and she was over-the-moon excited because her greatest wish was finally coming true: she was getting ice cream cake for her birthday. She had told all her friends, and they were nearly as excited as she was. The moment approached, she sat at the ready, and got the surprise of her life. Apparently "someone" had put the cake in the fridge and it melted everywhere. Jumping in to save the day, Mel's grandma decided to bake her a cake (how sweet). And, being the hip woman that she was, Grandma decided to give Melissa a cake that any little girl would dream of: vanilla cake with naked barbies stuck in it. Not only is Melissa a complete tomboy, but who wants to eat anything with naked ladies jumping out of it? ...don't answer that.

That was pretty much the adventure of our evening and, even though it may not seem like much, we apparently don't get out enough to know any better. Basically, it was wonderful. I love this place.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I love this place too, and reading this only makes me picture your signe language for this story, and I am bursting holding my laughter in class, haha , lets go on an adventure tonight, oh wait missions fest, you'll have soe adventures of your own