9.2.10

I Can Tell You My Love for You will Still Be Strong






It may still be February, and I may live in Canada, but my heart is already in the summer.

The weather has been GORGEOUS lately, and I've taken full advantage. Yesterday Mel got home and I was laying around the house in short shorts and a tank top. Bliss.

As much as I have a special affinity for all the seasons on some level, summer has always stirred my soul in a way that nothing else can. It is then that I have always had the biggest changes of mind, action, and heart. It is also when I experience the greatest presence of magic; nothing says magic like 10pm sunsets and beach bonfires and roadtrips and laying on a blanket beneath the stars.

So if you see me wearing a skirt and flip-flops, or trying desperately to get my hair in a ponytail, you'll know why. I miss the magic.


SUMMER
Originally posted: February 3, 2006

Summer nights fade to black and our laughter floats away with the heat.
We begin to forget the way things were, and people drift apart.
Only memories remain, sweet glimpses of a world where souls were passed around and the nights never ended.
It was only as the sun rose that we began to doubt our indiscretions,
afraid to meet the new person in the mirror.
In the dead of night, it never seemed wrong to clasp somebody's hand;
lucky for me, I had one to hold the whole way through.
But that has now all fallen away, yet we still live on,
waiting until another summer comes to carry us away.

No comments: