23.4.09

MARS ATTACKS!




Once again, the wave has crashed, the current has brought a fresh tide to tickle my feet, and it is now receding back into the ocean where it belongs. Yes, it's the end-of-semester nostalgia all over again. This time is different, though. The end of the year signifies a turning page, where everyone leaves and only few return...kind of like an alien invasion.

Stephanie is not coming back. Yes, the rumours are true. I will be Steph-less next year, and no one can take her place. If all goes well, Katie will be my new roomie and we will have tons of lovely, hilarious times together (which I'm uber looking forward to, beeteedubs)...but no one can take the place of my first love. My first roommate love, that is. It's hard to know that the person I've shared so many amazing times with won't be in my life every day anymore, starting in less than a week. It's the dull, achey pain that comes with letting go of something or someone who you don't want to, but you know you have to. I'm just hoping we'll be able to actually stay in contact and do all the things we've planned (like play bubble shooter together and watch movies at the same time) and not just say that we will and move on with our lives.

Saturday is roomie day! So me, Steph, and the bathroomies, Emily and Melissa, will be sharing a fun-filled day before we have to get all prettied up for the banquet. Emily and I will be dressing up in our grad dresses (I'm super hoping mine still fits) and going around to every 7-11 in the lower mainland to get (hopefully) free slurpees! Then we're buying an ice cream cake and eating the whole thing (I know, just the four of us. We're hot, crazy and pigs like that). While we eat, we'll be having a Gilmore Girls marathon all day, hopefully getting through the entire season (which I just calculated will be about 16 hours, so we'll have to go into Sunday too). It's going to be the ultimate girls day, and I absolutely cannot wait. Only Melissa is coming back next year, and the thought is already killing me.

My boy is leaving on Wednesday. He's going to Thailand for three months, and I don't know what to do with myself. By the time he gets back, we'll have been dating more time with him gone than with him here. I just deleted a whole bunch because at this point, I really can't think past him leaving. Tomorrow is Surprise Date Day. I have no clue where we're going, and I've been looking forward to it for over a month. He'll be so busy until he leaves, this will probably be our last real quality time together. I can't think about it, because of the way my heart hurts. I get these fears in my head, and I just have to ignore them or I'll go crazy and end up dumping him over fictional crap in my head. Basically? I already miss the way he looks at me.

Think all this is pathetic yet? Today I was sitting in our nasty, tiny, cramped, no-room-to-breathe bathroom, and I almost started to cry because I'm going to miss it so bad. It's not that I'll actually miss the no-pressure, hot-to-cold-to-scalding-to-freezing shower or the mouldy walls, but what they represent. Cue corny music. I love the community here...even the crazy, dumb gossip and rumours that go around for no reason. OH! Opportunity! Here is my public declaration of the facts according to me, not campus gossip.
1. I do not go in Ryan's room. Ever. Not on a regular basis, not for any reason at all. Yes I stand at his door, and yes I like to talk to him while he does stuff in his room. No, I don't go inside. The end.
2. I thought this would be obvious, but apparently not. Emily waxed my legs. Emily. Not Ryan, not Iain. In my room. Not Ryan's room. Kthxbye.
PS - If I were, for some strange reason, to get my boyfriend to wax my legs, why in the world would I invite his best friend? Seriously people, use your common sense.
End rant. So, back to how much I love it here...I love these people. And I love our campus and our classes and everything that we do here. Love love love. Most of all, I am going to miss waking up and constantly having people around me. I love that. So I'm going to go home and feel so alone for awhile, but I'm thinking God will super work on my heart in that.

So once again, the wave has crashed, the current has brought a fresh tide to tickle my feet, and it is now receding back into the ocean where it belongs. Does that mean that it hasn't made a huge impact on me? Nada. My feet are soaked, and I love it.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I feel the same way!!! except from the whole returning and missing people. I will be at home, having a mental breakdown everyday. I will miss making sure i dont hear the blowdryer when i go to enter your room. I will miss gilmore girls on weekdays(gasp) I will miss the in hailed laughter squeak that has so commonly become part of the day. "My feet are soaked and I love it" ps this is the best thing you have ever written the whole begining and end, i almost cried. oh my love. im afraid this is the end

ihavenorhythm said...

YOU just almost made me cry! "oh my love. im afraid this is the end"
ahhh
don't fear, this is not the end for us.