17.6.11

Accepted and Worthy Is Our New Name




So, today is the day. At exactly 1:41 AM, I will transform from being a boring, run of the mill, poop on a stick 22-year-old into a marvelous, fascinating, completely transformed 23-year-old! Brilliant! And the intermittent pictures? On the eve of such an occasion, I think it highly appropriate to document the many faces of Leanne in the face of facing said occasion.






I don't think I was a big fan of 22. Negative perspective (it's always best to start here and end on a sweet note):
  • I was a heart and soul prisoner of the institution, of The Man.
  • I had a lot of bad dreams, a lot of which came true.
  • I made mistakes.
  • I gained weight in bad places.
  • I had the worst internship of my life and took the worst road possible to build character.
  • I cried. A lot.
But the positive perspective! (it's always so comforting going through the negatives and almost always thinking of positives anyways):
  • I had my incredible, life-changing roadtrip with God!
  • I finally got to go on tour and see the whole amazing country! And who could forget the people?! Wow!
  • I built a LOT of character!
  • I made some new amazing friends!
  • I overcame a lot of difficult things and came to a new level of understanding myself, others and God!
  • I found a man who treats me right!
  • I learned to laugh again with true appreciation of life!






So, in summation, it was a year, which I was apparently more pleased with than I first thought upon initial recall. Good thing I made lists. Tomorrow my family will celebrate 23 years of life since I landed, and Saturday my friends will celebrate surviving thus far and the potential for life yet to be lived. I don't know how else to say it, or if it will even get across what I want to say at all, but here goes: yesterday helped to shape me into who I am, and the day before that and the year before that; the good, the bad and the ugly. Yesterday does not hold me, however; I am no longer defined by who I was yesterday or any second preceding that. Christ in me is who I am now, and who I will grow into. He holds every one of my yesterdays and all my tomorrows. And today, this day that recognizes my birth, is nothing more than a tribute to one more year that He has plans for me. I hope to live this next year in such a way that brings more honor to Him than to myself.




1 comment:

moom said...

"like" xo