9.3.11

Face, It's Been Awhile





I have not blogged in...sixteen days. That has to be almost a record. Here is the story:

1. I went to Mexico for a week. An all-inclusive, by myself, to get away from everyone and everything. No phone, no computer, just me. It was marvelous and lonely and relaxing and strange and exactly what I needed. I got the rest I needed as well as some much needed God time. As great as it was, though, I will probably never do something like that again; the lonely bit was almost too much to bear.

2. School. Only six weeks left. And I am done. I have decided not to return next year, unless something miraculous happens and everything about me, inside and out, changes. I am done. It is the most releasing, peaceful feeling. There is no regret in not graduating with the wonderful people I started this journey with, and no worry that I will not finish my degree. This is the season, so I am dressing for it.

3. I am getting fired up and passionate about the things that matter again. This is leaving very little time for being frivolous, at least in the amount that I have been the last long while, so blogging was cut for a little bit. Now it is time for some introspection.

I am finally excited, thrilled, to be alive. I have dreams, they are in the process of being made reality, and I have no choice but to trust God that He will come through again. It's indecisively crazy times like these that I live for. More thoughts to come, for now I just had to mark the occasion. OH! Realization. Someone challenged me the other day to recognize and record the big moments in life, like the Israelites erecting rock formations every time God moved. This blog is my collection of rock formations.

2 comments:

Steph said...

I love everything about this. I had no idea where you were for a while and I was checking your blog multiple times a day to see if you were around. I figured things like you were busy at school, tired, nothing to write about but...YOU WERE IN MEXICO! ha ha. Would never have guessed that.

I think my favourite part of this was the rock formations, we all need them.

Steph said...

I thought you were gone forever...for probably 14 days straight I checked to see if you have a new blog post! And nothing...little did I know you were off in sunny mexico.

I'm glad you're back. And that you are recording these rock formations of God's movements in your life. It's beautiful.