20.11.09

Scattered Impressions





I don't know how it started, but the following are 17 different notes to 17 different people, all anonymous. Some of these people would probably surprise you; I was surprised to find myself writing about them. Mostly it's the people who get me or the people who I just really need to say something to but can't find the words when we're together.


You are the most brilliant shade of blue. And I, as always, am indigo. This rainbow ain't what it used to be, and we're stuck at opposite ends of the spectrum. I miss you so much it hurts.

I miss midnight talks with you, and spilling things on the carpet, and being ridiculous. Lies; I just miss you.

It's been over three years now. I don't know what to believe anymore. You made promises, or so I thought, and I chose to believe them. Foolish? If I talk to myself, then yes.

Your eyes always lie to me. They say one thing while your mouth says another. I don't even know if I'd want it anymore if I could.

I feel like all I ever do is dump on you, but I think you feel that way too. I'm sorry. I love the way we're growing and you make me feel like I can make it until the end of the day. I miss you when you're not around.

Come back to me. I need your hugs more than you'll ever know.

I can't say enough how much I value our friendship. Some days I don't know where I would be without you.

You think you're alone, but you're not. I still care. I might not always show it, but I do. You make me laugh uncontrollably and warm my heart to the nth degree.

I never thought we would get to this point, but here we are: friends. No envy, no guessing, no enmity; just friends. I'm really enjoying this.

I love you, but to say something like that to you just wouldn't connect. I want you to know God so desperately; I think that would be the icing on top of a beautiful friendship.

You are the sister I never knew I had. Being with you is like a breath of fresh air after being closed off from the world; ooooor like a hot cup of tea with a friend after being locked away in my dorm room all day.

I don't tell anyone because they wouldn't understand, but I miss you. Sometimes life just does not turn out the way we plan, despite our best intentions. In spite of it all, thank you, and I wish you the absolute best.

We don't see each other often enough, but I don't think that changes anything. You can always come to me, that won't ever change.

You have no clue how much it means to me when you tell me that you love me. It might be a simple gesture and one that comes with being siblings in Christ, but I appreciate you and your love every time I see you. I'm going to miss you so much when you're not around.

I love you like no other person on this earth, and no one else could ever take your place. Don't ever believe otherwise.

You don't know me very well yet, but I feel like we're starting something great. You make me smile, and that's worth a million bucks right now.

You are not the person I thought you were. You've changed more than I would have liked in the past few years, and not always for the better. But I'm not giving up on you...just one more round, always one more round.

1 comment:

Steph said...

You have a wonderful heart for your friends my dear. Truly.