26.7.09

That's What She Said

I don't have time for this. Right now, I have a million and one things to be doing, including spending time with God; I'm half way through a sentence in 2 Chronicles, and I couldn't read one more word until I wrote. I'm busier than I've ever been in my life and, from what I hear, this is not the end of the craziness. This is the beginning. My full-time internship has turned into my entire life. The few minutes I have to myself have been spent watching Gilmore Girls or doing things I probably shouldn't be doing. My choices have been poor, and I have not been the wise woman I thought I was growing up to be.

My mom and I finally finished Gilmore Girls, and I cried. Of course. In my head it will always end differently, because I'm afraid of relating to a TV show that much.

I haven't written in so long. Mostly I don't have the time; I don't even go on facebook anymore because I only have a few seconds to check and see if there's anything I need to immediately respond to. This is my official apology to those who I've ousted through that. Despite the excuse of my lack of time, I think my neglect of this blog has deeper roots. Maybe, deep down, I want people to stop reading it. The people I once wrote it for don't exist anymore; I am not the same, and they are not the same. I am frightened of everything this could mean.

I've been messing up lately. I am a rebel at heart, and everything in me is always fighting against what I know I could be. I'm horribly frightened of success, and I don't know how to change that.

This is a rant, a confession, an admonition. I miss who I used to be. I miss the plans and the simple trust I had in God, others and myself. I can't go back, the present is not what I thought, and tomorrow is scarier than I thought it would be.

And I will never have an avocado tree.

2 comments:

Greg said...

Of course, if the person you wrote this for in the first place isn't reading anymore, or even if it just isn't for them period......

It means you are free to write for you now without condition nor specific audience


you are free to do what you will

Emily said...

I am still here. Not physically, or virtually anymore, but in my heart. I love you. september will come, and with that a whole smack of me and you time...you had better promise